Structural Investigative Engineer
Are you a talented team player with a positive attitude and passionate about building a career with a great organization? Chavez-Grieves is currently seeking an experienced Structural Investigative Engineer / Forensic Engineer to join our team.
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Investigating commercial and residential facilities to determine the cause and origin of structural damage, defects and failures.
- Analyzing damage to facilities and structures and assessing potential threats.
- Preparing accurate, clear, thorough, and concise reports and letters outlining the cause and origin of damages along with recommendations for corrective action.
- Exercising sound judgment in applying comprehensive engineering judgement to potentially unusual and/or complicated projects and situations.
- Submitting reports and documents to clients in a timely manner and in accordance with the client’s standards and expectations.
- Managing other engineers and technicians.
- Some travel will be required.
Qualified individuals will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural or Architectural Engineering. A master’s degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of progressive structural design experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE).
- Strong knowledge of building design codes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing, interpreting, synthesizing, prioritizing, reporting and developing recommendations for complex and unconventional projects and conditions.
- A strong work-ethic and a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Experience working in construction is a plus.
Established in 1980, Chavez-Grieves Consulting Engineers, Inc. is a full-service structural engineering firm that stands for innovation in the building construction industry with the vision to be “The Engineering Firm of Choice”. Our highly qualified team of design professionals implements our vision by providing unparalleled client service, design excellence, cutting edge technology and cost effective & constructible design solutions. Our Investigative Engineering Group provides comprehensive technical services to an array of clients, including building owners, property managers, insurance companies and attorneys. The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of engineers and technicians working on many interesting and challenging investigative and forensic projects throughout the southwestern United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Chavez-Grieves Consulting Engineers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.
Our office is located in picturesque Albuquerque, New Mexico, a city rich in history and culture – and scenery so unique, it is unlike any other community in the world, from the virtually year-round sunshine to the mountain vistas. We are very interested in speaking with professionals who want to relocate.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits based on experience.