Structural Engineer / Professional Engineer
Are you a talented team player with a positive attitude and passionate about building a career with a great organization? Chavez-Grieves is currently seeking an experienced Structural Engineer / Professional Engineer to join our team.
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Performing in-depth structural design and analysis for complex projects throughout the United States, including in high seismic zones.
- Managing complex projects.
- Implementing high performance, fast-track design-build delivery processes.
- Managing other engineers and technicians.
- Some travel will be required.
Qualified individuals will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural or Architectural Engineering.
- 4+ years of progressive structural design experience.
- Extensive experience with structural design and modeling software, preferably including RAM Structural Design, ETABS, ENERCALC and REVIT.
- Must be a Registered Professional Engineer (PE).
- Registration as a Structural Engineer (SE) a major plus.
- Experience designing structural steel buildings, experience designing concrete buildings, experience designing buildings in high seismic zones, and excellent written and verbal communications skills are all a plus.
- Experience working with steel fabricators or any construction experience is also a plus.
Established in 1980, Chavez-Grieves Consulting Engineers, Inc. is a full-service structural engineering firm that stands for innovation in the building construction industry with the vision to be “The Engineering Firm of Choice”. Our highly qualified team of design professionals implements our vision by providing unparalleled client service, design excellence, cutting edge technology and cost effective & constructible design solutions. Our Investigative Engineering Group provides comprehensive technical services to an array of clients, including building owners, property managers, insurance companies and attorneys. The successful candidate will join a collaborative team of engineers and technicians working on many interesting and challenging investigative and forensic projects throughout the southwestern United States.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Chavez-Grieves Consulting Engineers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, disability or any other legally protected status. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, training, termination, promotions, or any other condition of employment or career development.